Did you ever have this feeling that after a few days of studying for your exams you simply couldn’t sit down in your room anymore? Sometimes you just need to change the environment. There are plenty of student cafes in Denmark where you can bring your books and laptop and feel relaxed even before a really stressful and important exam. We found the best places where you can study with the nicest cup of coffee. Also, we list the best bars and clubs where you can party and celebrate passing your exams!
When you have an early morning class
It is a fact that almost every student needs a cup of coffee to wake up before the lectures start. But did you know that your body naturally produces a hormone called cortisol that helps you feel alert and awake? So, if you have a habit of drinking coffee when you first wake up, you may want to wait a bit longer so that your caffeine isn’t wasted during a time when cortisol is at its highest. The best timing to have your first cup of coffee is after 1,5 hour of being awake.
Cheapest coffee on campus can be found in Café Nexus and Studenterhuset Aalborg. Visiting these places is a convenient way to kill an hour between classes or dash in and out for a drink. Coffee is actually very healthy. The studies show that coffee drinkers have lower risk of becoming depressed. Do you want to live longer and happier? Then go on and get a cup of delicious coffee!
Productive break and lunch
You have a break and decided to grab a snack? We all know that eating right can help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid certain health problems. Cut back on sugar and grab some yogurt instead of a muffin. Student cafes normally provide a wide range of snacks for lunch for a student-friendly price. There you can comfortably seat and discuss the group project with your peers.
The coziest places of our choice to study during the break are Paludan Bøg & Cafe in Copenhagen, LYNfabrikken’s coffee shop in Aarhus and Cafe Ubåden in Kolding. Are you vegetarian and always struggle to find a nice place? Then Café N is a place for you to join other like-minded!
Every place we chose to be the best study cafe has free WIFI and plugs for your laptop.
Study hard, party harder
Most of the students take their studying process seriously, spend a lot of time in the libraries and campuses. We understand that you might have put your degree before clubbing (seriously, people do that?) but everyone needs an amazing night out once in a while. We’ve rounded up the best clubs and bars in the country for a nice after-exam stress relieve or a casual beer night with your friends.
Student Club distribution in Denmark
There are more than 200 clubs and bars in Copenhagen and only 6 of them ended up on our “must visit” list for students. Do you want to have a dancing marathon? Then Kulørbar, HIVE or Sukkerbageren are ideal places for you!
Below you can find the 50 best places for students to hang out.
Full list of top student cafes, bars, and clubs
4. LYNfabrikken’s coffee shop – Atmospheric coffee shop in Aarhus
5. Studenterhuset Copenhagen – Students’ meeting place to grab some coffee in the cold autumn day
6. The Australian Bar – Or just the “A-bar” is the place to be in Odense
7. Kaffeladen – Cafe in Copenhagen with homey environment
8. Studenterhuset Aalborg – The best place to meet students from all different departments
9. Café Helga – Study cafe in Copenhagen that also has a cargo bike that you can borrow
11. Studenterhus Odense – The cafe in the Student House is a gathering place with student-friendly prices
12. Kulørbar – The place in Copenhagen to dance all night long
13. Pioner Bar – Fun place to go out in Esbjerg
14. Den Glade Gris – Great place in Copenhagen where you will find live music, jams and comedy stand-ups
15. Heidi’s Bier Bar – Beer bar in Odense
17. Harbo Bar – Cozy place in Copenhagen where you can have your morning coffee and evening beer
18. StudieStuen – Excellent book cafe in Odense
19. Sukkerbageren – Popular party place in Copenhagen with the large dance floor
20. HIVE – Internationally-renowned nightclub with good music in Copenhagen
21. The Old Irish Pub – Odense – Atmospheric Irish pub in the heart of the city
22. Den Engelske Pub – You’ll Never Walk Alone – Lovely place in Kolding with great music and beer
23. Café Skt. Gertrud – Delicious food in the superb atmosphere in Odense
24. Stalden Kolding – Great cafe & bar
25. Café N – Vegan food with student-friendly prices in Copenhagen
26. Sir Club – A mix between a pub and a sports-cafe for young people in Odense
27. Den blå café – Relaxing place in the comfortable surrounding in Kolding
32. Café Gemmestedet – Lovely cafe in Aarhus offering some great deals
33. RRK Baren – Fun bar in Odense
34. Monday Cafe Odense – Great burger place that is open not only on Mondays 😉
35. John Bull Pub Aalborg – The best English pub and sports bar in Aalborg
35. Gefährlich – Restaurant in Copenhagen that transforms to the night club in the evening
36. Vinstuen – Friendly cheap bar in Aarhus
37. New Gaslight Aalborg – Awesome Friday bar to hang out with your friends in Aalborg
38. Dale’s Café – Cozy cafe in Aarhus with the amazing team
39. Cafe botanisk have – Fantastic cafe in the botanical garden in the heart of Copenhagen
40. Maskinen MSK – Fun Friday bar in Kongens Lyngby
41. Kantinen hos AAU i Esbjerg – Canteen with the great food to satisfy students during the lunch
43. Risteriet Halmtorvet – The combination of great coffee and an even greater atmosphere
44. Bevar’s – Cafe in Copenhagen with young, creative and lively environment
45. Studiecaféen – Student cafe with the international atmosphere in the middle of Aarhus
47. Cafe Alsion v/ Bar2lin – Great place to have a dinner in Sønderborg
48. Cafe kræz – Cafe in Odense with a wide variety of food offered
50. Hornsleth Bar – Nice bar with live music in Aarhus
This blog was written by StuDocu team. StuDocu is an international E-company that provides study materials such as past exams, lecture notes and so many other documents for students. For more information, go to Studocu.com.