First of all, Amsterdam Dance Event is the leading electronic music platform. The biggest club festival in the world for the whole spectrum of electronic sub-genres.
Organized by The Amsterdam Dance Event Foundation, the electronic music platform that’s held annually in mid-October offers you a five-day full program. Everyone knows about the parties, but that’s only a part of it.
It consists out of three platforms: Festival, Playground and Conference.
Festival & Playground:
The ADE festival features approximately 450 events and 2.200 DJ’s over five days in 115 clubs and venues, which together combine to make Amsterdam one of the busiest and most inspiring clubbing cities in the world. Attracting more than 350.000 people from all over the globe. The program features the biggest artists on the planet in almost every electronic music genre together with upcoming talent and everything in between. ADE is truly the biggest international club festival covering the whole spectrum of electronic sub-genres.
With its global attendance and multiple program streams, ADE’s platform connects the worldwide music industry, offering the ultimate annual business and inspiration hub in the field of electronic music. This includes 400 speakers, as well as some artists offering meet & greet opportunities.
Amsterdam Dance Event Card:
To get the most out of the ADE week, the ADE Card is a must-have. It will allow you to get into the exclusive events, give you access to free giveaways and discounts.
The ADE card is only € 10, and available online or through affiliate stores throughout the event. Here are ten reasons why it’s better to have one.
Benefits of having an ADE card:
- First of all, the ADE Music Talks are open exclusively to ADE cardholders.
- The ADE Card provides free-entry to the complete ADE film program at De Balie and Melkweg cinemas, which are showing documentaries on Modeselektor, the modular synthesizer, and the history of UK Garage.
- Besides, ADE Playground Gear events at the Compagnietheater and De Brakke Grond are showcasing master classes, workshops and panels together with expert DJs and producers; all of which are only open to ADE cardholders.
- Free access to art exhibitions, including the uncovered album sleeves exhibition at Mini Galerie and the ever-expanding, Open Draw, exhibited at Mixtup.
- Throughout ADE there will be a series of secret in-store performances by some of the festival’s leading artists. Access to which is only available to ADE cardholders.
- As with previous years, ADE cardholders will get free drinks at certain events and openings.
- There are also assorted giveaways and discounts, exclusive to those with the ADE card.
- Also, Cardholders can get exclusive access to additional areas.
- The ADE Sound Academy at the Compagnietheater will be exploring innovative production methods. Pioneered by some of electronic music’s forward thinking musicians. On top of this, the sound academy will be hosting the 4D-Sound System; a new immersive, sound experience. Again, access requires an ADE card.
- Last, One of ADE’s many advantages, as a result it gives you the time and space to mingle with other music and business type people. Mix, Mingle & Move over at Amsterdam’s art hotel will combine funk, soul and hip-hop alongside photography and illustration exhibitions, providing what they describe as the perfect place for so-called ‘mingling’ in an ‘unpretentious’ environment. ADE cardholders can get in for free.